Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
This week, Miranda, Jeff, James and special guest host Joe discuss Heroes Reborn – Episode 8 – June 13th, Part Two
Welcome Back Joe – a founding cast member! (See the awesome timeline he made for Jeff below)
HRG stepping on butterflies, or just one really big butterfly?? Shoot first, apologize (sort of) later.
Joe and James question the believabilitly of the time travel in the show…
James’ time travel movie recommendation – Looper
Notice the clock on the wall with the two HRGs!
Plot devices vs Storytelling – Wonder Twins Activate
Quentin is a bad guy now… results of the butterfly effect!
Camera focus during news conference – on the background on purpose?
Jim Carrey on In Living Color
Quentin’s motive – Does he have a chance for redemption or is he really a bad guy?
Katana Girl’s backstory is complete! Her “father” is her creator.
Who’s hotter – Kelly Lebrock as Lisa or Kiki Sukezane as Miko/Katana Girl
Time travel “rules” – which version of time travel do you buy?
That violence escalated quickly with Joanne and Luke. Mick the Ice Guy, we barely knew ya!
Message of the day: Do not go to thank strangers in a hotel room with a closed door!
Gerry – Likes the episode where the group of characters is working toward the same goal.
Craig – MMOs necessitates the graphics be handled by a huge group of people… that’s why it can’t be perfect, so this fits in the weird cross section.
Ren’s cat mask could be a buff or be protection earned in a quest, or possibly an icon for his fans to recognize him.
Talks about the birth of Heroes Reborn as originally for streaming on Xbox and asks if perhaps that is why some fans are struggling with the plot and timing of the episode. Thinks that the backstory provides an explanation for why it would be better for binge watching vs week to week.
And… we’re back!
The evil of cliffhangers – and how it possibly changed the timing of how they wanted to progress the story – plus the combo of trying to hearken back to the original series, season 1, both together made it more difficult to watch week to week
Carlos, El Vengador’s, backstory with Farrah – planned plot device vs filler – Redemption so that he is a real hero with or without abilities
Matt Parkman is back! But he wasn’t there for long – Joe also thinks he’s using his ability all wrong. Plus, he’s now selling his ability to the highest bidder.
Slight tangent – Originally Joe thought HRG’s glasses were part of his ability
Nursing notes from Joe – Priority is patients not stupid question & if you want to go to the front of the ER line, tell them you can’t breathe!
Exactly how heavy is Casper’s suitcase full of pennies? Pennies per pound Approximately 181 per pound… how many do you think he had!
Memaw Petrelli and the wonder twins had a vision that gives us the zero hour for our major event! What information is Memaw keeping from Malina?
Jupiter Ascending bee reference – For Laura 🙂
9th Wonders comic left to Tommy/Nathan from Hiro before he goes to a Gun fight with a sword, or two swords!
Joe’s Handy Dandy (keep Jeff straight) Timeline!
- Hiro and Angela realize that the infant Nathan/Tommy has stolen Hiro’s powers.
- They decide to split up and raise each of Claire’s children separately.
- At the hospital, 2015 HRG tries to kill Erica, but is stopped by 2014 HRG.
- 2015 HRG shoots Erica in the leg, and gets back to stepping on butterflies.
- Quentin saves her from bleeding out & she allows him to see Phoebe.
- Harris & Matt Parkman (Greg Grunberg) interrogate the 2014 HRG.
- Caspar wipes 2014 HRG’s memory before Matt can find out where Claire’s children are – or that there are two.
- Matt has a heart and lets them escape.
- Afterwards, HRG is back at the wreckage, and we see where he met his 2015 wife.
- Luke & Joanne character building.
- Backstory on Carlos & Farrah.
- 2014 Angela tells 2015 HRG her premonitions of the 2015 H.E.L.E.
- “Twins saving the world under a clocktower in Odessa, the clock at 11:53” (in 2015).
- Signs: Animal migration disrupted / polls shift / Northern Lights appearing farther south
- Caspar, 2015 HRG, and Molly formulate a plan to protect the children for one more year.
- Nathan/Tommy teleports Molly to India, then sends HRG back to 2015.
- Harris and his clones track down Nathan/Tommy, and he escapes with his mother and Caspar.
- Hiro gives Nathan/Tommy his first comic book (manga) – the same comic from season 1.
- Hiro brings a sword to a gunfight.
- Caspar wipes Nathan/Tommy’s memory to stop him from going back for Hiro, who stays in 2014 to fight Harris.
- HRG sees that Quentin is still alive, and he over-shares, not knowing that Quentin is now secretly working for Erica.
Contest: Submit a Review to iTunes or Stitcher and 2 random reviewers will be chosen for Heroes Swag (Lower 48 States Only, unless you pay for shipping)
We got some reviews on iTunes! You still have time to enter the contest and leave a review for a chance to win some awesome Heroes swag.
We LOVE Feedback!
and of course, The HERO Hotline: 346-202-HERO (4376)
Subscribe and give us a review on iTunes and/or Stitcher